Tattoo After Care
- Do not pick or scratch your tattoo, no matter how tempting! (Gently pat it)
- Do not wear tight clothing over the tattoo
- Do not go swimming or enter any body of water for at minimum 2 weeks (taking a shower is ok)
- Do not expose your fresh tattoo to direct sunlight for any amount of time
- Do not put sunscreen on your tattoo until fully healed
- Do not sleep on your fresh tattoo
- Do not listen to any advice from someone who is not your tattoo artist
WHAT TO KNOW:
When you first get your tattoo, your artist will put a covering on it. Leave the covering on for 2-3 hours after the tattoo is finished. Then gently remove the covering and softly wash the tattoo with a clean cloth and anti-bacterial soap (unscented).
Dab and pat with your cloth, wiping can be harmful and irritating to your tattoo. Air dry or gently pat dry the tattoo with a clean soft cloth.
Wash your hands thoroughly then apply your artist recommended ointment (Aquaphor is currently preferred). Do not put too much ointment on, you only need a thin layer, as if you were putting on lotion. Repeat this process as needed when your tattoo dries out. Plan to apply ointment 3-4 times daily, continue this for up to 2 weeks or until the tattoo is healed.
Always wash your hands before applying or touching the tattoo for any reason.
You may ice the tattoo over the wrapping if you wish.
A good tattoo boils down to a few simple components:
CLEAN, MOISTURIZE & PROTECT!
Always use sunscreen on your HEALED tattoos when outdoors.
If you follow this advice, your tattoo should be as bright as the day you got it for many years to come! Please contact your artist if you have any concerns.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Your safety is our number one concern. Low-quality ink and medical products can cause serious and sometimes long-term health issues. At Black Lotus, we use a fully disposable tattooing system.
All tattoos are performed by highly trained artists, who are taught to go above and beyond when it comes to your health and safety.
Our studio stocks only the highest-quality tattoo inks and medical products. Fiber-free paper towels, vegan ink, organic ointments and top-tier supplies all ensure we keep you safe from any kind of infection